Hi Ido,

Yes, you are correct, it also happens on 2.0.1. I was using the English version, but when I use the Hebrew version, the bug shows up. However, I found that editing an OOo registry file can solve the problem. If you edit [OpenOffice.org root]/share/registry/modules/org/openoffice/Office/Common/Common-ctl_he.xcu and change the value of "CTLSequenceChecking" to "false", the reversed words show up properly. Could you try it, and let me know if you get the same results?

Alan

Ido Kanner wrote:

Hi Alan,

I do use Open Office 2.0.1 at the moment.
Please note that for me the problem started recently (in the past few weeks,
with the last debian update of Open Office, but then again, before that I didn't
written any Hebrew based documents on OOo Writer on versions 2x).

Ido

Quoting Alan Yaniger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi Nadav, Ido, Michael, and list-members,

Ido sent me a test document, which I tried on OOo 2.0 and 2.0.1 (both versions that I built from source). With 2.0, the word was reversed. However, on 2.0.1, it looked fine. I don't know what the bug is (was?) but maybe if you upgrade to 2.0.1, the problem will go away.

Alan