I tried configuring asterisk to let me enter a number, and if i do
not, to ring the phone.

this way i can call my home and turn on my boiler for 15 minutes (1900)
or my air-condition (1901), or burn the house down (1902).
but if someone else calls me,he hears 'wait a moment' and after 3
seconds it rings my home phone. and then voicemail

here is part of my extensions.conf:
[incoming]
exten => 500,1,ResponseTimeout(3)
exten => 500,2,BackGround(wait-moment)

exten => t,1,Goto(ringme,1,1)
exten => i,1,Goto(ringme,1,1)

exten => _9411XXX,1,Goto(default,${EXTEN:4},1)
exten => 1900,1,Goto(default,1900,1)
exten => 1901,1,Goto(default,1901,1)
exten => 1902,1,Goto(default,1902,1)

[ringme]
exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/home&SIP/work&SIP/pri-minister,25,r)
exten => 1,1,Goto(voicemail,1,1)

[default]

exten => 1900,1,System('/scripts/start_bioler.pl')

exten => 1901,1,System('/scripts/start_aircon.py')

exten => 1902,1,System('/scripts/burn_house_down.exe')

the problem is when a person calls me, after the 3 seconds timeout he
hears silence
for the ringing duration (25 seconds), the caller doesn't hear any
ringing sound, although the dial command has an r in the end

however, if i replace incoming's 500 entry with:

[incoming]
exten => 500,1,Goto(ringme,1,1)

then a ringing tone is heard by the caller

Note that i speak of the caller hearging a ringing sound, not the callee.
the ring on the calee(s) is ok in both cases.

any idea ?

cheers,
erez.