On 3/26/06, Aviram Jenik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Saturday 25 March 2006 00:42, Amos Shapira wrote:
> > On 3/25/06, Aviram Jenik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > As always, it's a combination of several things. There's a very good
> > > write-up about it on eWeek that explains the situation:
> > > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1934909,00.asp
> >
> > It doesn't reveal any new facts about the subject (except mentioning
> > that he wrote about
> > your company previously).
> >

> What kind of "new information" were you looking for? The facts are there;
> there's nothing left to do but add commentary.

Everywere I read about this so far speculates that the government is concerned
about reliability of the software sold by an Israeli-owned software maker.
He speculates about this too and gives his own opinion based on this
speculation.
I didn't see any new facts in that article beyond a well put *opinion* about
this speculation.

> Well, I guess you didn't really read the article (perhaps you just read the
> part where our company is mentioned?) Larry explains quite clearly that the
> US government is a customer of Sourcefire, and they are concerned about the

Here is a quote:

"At the heart of this issue is that, apparently, the U.S. Government
is a client of
SourceFire and uses its products to protect computers with sensitive
information."

See that "apparently"? He's speculating like everyone else. He didn't
bring any new
information to the plate.

Mind you, I like his view of this whole affair, but there is still a
large gap about the
facts and lots of room for speculation, IMHO.

> product "that is used to protect computers with sensitive information" will
> become owned by a Foreign company that will have control over the product.

That's another thing that doesn't explain things but makes them more
confusing since
the US government already uses lots of products made outside the US to
protect its
network assets.

--Amos