On 4/24/06, Arik Baratz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 4/24/06, Yonah Russ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > a) several people have told me that in the past Analytics allowed the
> > choice of Israel so this has apparently been removed on purpose.
>
> How do you know? Do you have some insight into the Google Timezone
> Removal Comeetee deliberations?

How do I know? Well lets think- can I ever remember a time where I
wrote something and it erased itself? nope. I guess that means that
someone erased it on purpose.

> > b) Palestinian territory was never included in any "stock" country
> > list I found on the web when creating a website.
>
> Uh, unfortunately for you, this is also a mistake on your side. Gaza
> is its own timezone, and when contemplating timezones, see there, you
> have to include it. It's different from the Jerusalem timezone by the
> application of Daylight Saving Time or lack thereof.

No offense, but if you are going to ask Google to put Israel in it's
list of timezones, countries, and territories by virtue the fact that
we have our own DST then you've pretty much missed the boat already.
You have a Country that is being ignored, most likely on purpose, and
you would be happy with a timezone :(

> > > And for the record, Google employs several Israelis and Jews, have an
> > > Israeli
> > > office, and have set up the http://www.google.co.il/ localised portal So
> > > it
> > > would be a stretch to say they are anti-Israeli.
> >
> > As I've told others, unfortunately I know many anti-semetic Jews.
> > In any case, my point is that google has taken a side in our little
> > conflict and I don't believe it to be a valid one.
>
> Whoa! Did I read that correctly? Are you accusing the Jewish Google
> employees of being anti-Semitic? I wish I was a Google employee just
> so I can take you to court for just that statement.

Again- it's a good thing you're not a google employee otherwise it
would probably just say Palestine in their list.
If I were an employee of Google, I would quit over this.

In addition, I've since been sent various links pointing to other
cases where Google has taken what I would call the wrong side.

There have been several occasions when Google approved terrorist
propaganda machines as news sources for google news. There have also
been cases where Google served paid advertisements for the
Hamas(apparently that made ynet).

You can keep patting Google on the back for all the evil they aren't
doing but I personally think they need to be a little more
responsible.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=20054&only
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=19937&only
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2006/04/the_evil_that_g.html