Hi list…

I need to backup and restore a server. I decided to make an image using dd and gzip\bzip. The problem is that the file is too big to fit into a DVD so I need to split it.
I restore the server using linux live CD.
I know I can use “split” command. But the restore is problematic…
cat backup.img.gz.* | gzip -dc | dd of=/dev/hda1
But if I change the DVD to the one that have the new image, cat will “lose count”…

I need an idea …
10X,
Gili