----- Forwarded message from avraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

From: avraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Chaim Keren Tzion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: linux-il@linux.org.il
Subject: Re: problem with usb2.0 usbkey with kernel 2.6.8

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 11:45:14PM +0300, Chaim Keren Tzion wrote:
> This sound very much like a problem I had/have. Does the dmesg show anything
> like this "[CUMANA/ADFS]" after connecting the disk-on-key?

> --
> Chaim Keren Tzion
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> +972-54-811-9234

Hi Chaim,
Thanks for the input. The messages I got are pretty similar, but
Cheers, Avraham

----- End forwarded message -----

Hi Chaim,
I tried to answer you with the old computer, but the message
apparently did not get out (At any rate I did not receive back
the copy I sent to the list).
Here is the messages I receive now (debian amd64, kernel 2.6)
upon inserting:
new high speed USB device using address 3
Vendor: Kingston  Model: DataTraveler 2.0  Rev: 1.04
SCSI device sdb: 1001472 512-byte hdwr sectors (513 MB)
sdb: assuming Write Enabled
sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
/dev/scsi/host3/bus0/target0/lun0: [CUMANA/ADFS] p1<5>Attached
scsi removable disk sdb at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
then:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ su -c mount -t vfat /dev/sdb /usbkey
Password:
FAT: invalid media value (0xb9)
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev sdb.
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ dmesg | tail
  Vendor: Kingston  Model: DataTraveler 2.0  Rev: 1.04
SCSI device sdb: 1001472 512-byte hdwr sectors (513 MB)
sdb: assuming Write Enabled
sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
 /dev/scsi/host3/bus0/target0/lun0: [CUMANA/ADFS] p1<5>Attached scsi
removable disk sdb at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
USB Mass Storage device found at 3
FAT: invalid media value (0xb9)
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev sdb.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ su -c dosfsck -a /dev/sdb (following a messsage posted
some time ago by Shlomo Solomon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
Password:
dosfsck 2.11, 12 Mar 2005, FAT32, LFN
Currently, only 1 or 2 FATs are supported, not 191.

The hexcode reported by fdisk is e ( W95 FAT16 (LBA) )

No problems with the same device with kernel 2.4.27 (debian
3.1r1).

Cheers, Avraham