On 5/9/06, Ira Abramov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Quoting Yonah Russ, from the post of Mon, 24 Apr:
> On 4/24/06, Amos Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 4/24/06, Yonah Russ < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > If it was a mistake, then I'm sure google will make a public apology.
> > > Unfortunately, I doubt it was a mistake.
> >
> > Excuse me, sir, but have you bothered to ask them?
>
> yes- I have yet to receive a response.
> yonah

I see you finally have. I also see it was a bug.

I have never received any response from Google which gave any information other than that they were aware of the issue and were working to fix the problem.

I did not even receive a letter saying that the problem was fixed although it seems to have been.

You seem to be refering to the assumptions which I published in my blog. Yes, I did seem to find some _javascript_ which was changed after their fix and which might have been a problem with the previous version.  This was never acknowledged by Google.

Whether it was a bug or not, it was, imho, incredibly insensitive to allow an application to go live with such an issue. It is even more incredible that it took so long for them to fix such a simple issue(as web programming issues go). I still think that Google should come forward with an apology to the effect of:

"We are very sorry about what happened. This was the result of <fill in the blank>. It was in no way meant to reflect any political views of Google or it's employees."

yonah