On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 23:40 +0300, Nadav Har'El wrote:
> Well, if the "aspell binary API" that you mention can take alternative
> dictionaries, like aspell does, then you can probably use Aspell's Hebrew
> dictionary (created from Hspell's word list, of course). This is the same
> thing you do to get Hebrew spell-checking in OpenOffice or Mozilla (although
> in that case, the actual library is myspell, not aspell).
>
> Using the Aspell dictionary instead of Hspell has some small issues, but
> mostly you should have a working Hebrew spell-checker.
>
> You can find the Hebrew Aspell dictionary on Aspell's ftp site, or build
> it yourself from Hspell's sources, using the "make aspell" target.

I have an aspell-he package installed (version 1.0) which seems to be
the hebrew aspell mentioned above, but its only available in some
applications and not in others. In applications that I can choose the
hebrew dictionary, I have the same problem as previously in mozilla -
only the hebrew dictionary is used or only the english, but not both.

>From reading aspell docs/help/manual I understood that I can the .multi
files to setup a dictionary that is built from multiple word lists. I
tried to put "add en.multi" at the end of the he.multi file, but that
just caused the hebrew aspell dictionary to stop working.
Is that the way to go ?

--
Oded
::..