Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
That was it. For the video. The audio does not work. :-(
maybe /dev/dsp? /dev/audio? check which device does other sound applications use. In other hand, maybe there is something that you need to do *in the hardware*, for example, for sound in my capture card (the AverMedia AverTV) I must connect a cable from the capture card to the sound card.I could not get it to compile :-( It says that it can't build the requested

driver (but does not state which one) on this system.
Why are you trying to compile it? (IIRC you're using Knoppix or something like that, it should have the LIRC package, just apt-get it)

- s