On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 22:32 +0300, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 02:48:13PM +0300, Omer Zak wrote:
> > I faced the need to find a list of packages of Fedora Core.
>
> <snip>
>
> > http://fedoraproject.org/extras/5/i386/repodata/
>
> Do note that this is a list of Fedora Extra, not of Fedora Core (but I guess
> you
> where indeed looking for the fancy stuff residing in Extra)

Right, I looked for fancy stuff (such as C++ math libraries).

(Before starting a distro flame war:  I use Debian, and the lists of
packages are for a friend, who is currently using RedHat 5.2, and I want
to persuade him to switch to Debian for the new PC, which he plans to
buy in the near future.)

> BTW, the packages themselves are also available at
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/
> (for Core package)
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/5/i386/
> (for Extra packages)
> and various mirrors worldwide.

To be more precise:
I needed a list, which includes also brief descriptions of the packages.

                                                   --- Omer
--
You haven't made an impact on the world before you caused a Debian
release to be named after Snufkin.

I may be affiliated in any way.