On Friday 04 August 2006 10:52, Ira Abramov wrote:
> I just set machines to dial as soon as the OS comes up and
> keep it alive, period.

Me too. But that person has a laptop, and he wants to come home, connect it to
the ADSL modem and turn the connection 'on'. Sure, he can buy an ADSL router
instead but I think it's silly when connecting to ADSL on Linux is so
trivial.

> why would you ever want to manually futz around
> with that?

"Because it's there"

> # apt-cache search ppp|grep -i kde
>  kppp - KDE dialer and frontend to pppd

That's the first program I checked out - it's for modem dialing, not ADSL. For
one, it expects a phone number.

- Aviram