A more plausible explanation, based from checking the "Wayback Machine"
on my own Web site [shameless promotion:
http://www.zak.co.il/deaf-info/old/], which has relatively high traffic,
and which had its pages modified during 2006:

The Wayback Machine does not display any modifications whatsoever for
year 2006, although it displays modifications for previous years.

I do not know if this is because they ceased to update their database
and are only providing historical information to the world; or because
they have a policy of not displaying stuff in the same year in which it
was modified.
                                               --- Omer

--
You haven't made an impact on the world before you caused a Debian
release to be named after Snufkin.

I may be affiliated in any way.