On 22/09/06, Oded Arbel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Unlike some people, I would recommend going with something rather more
modern then Debian stable. The main problem with Debian stable is while
it is stable (which is great for serious production work by trained
professionals), its is rather old, has very limited configuration tools
for servers (or most anything useful actually) and what it does have is
notoriously non-newbie friendly.

Then just go for Etch - it's "modern", its installation and
configuration is automatic (last time I saw Ubuntu's installer it was
basically Etch's), it'll recognize most hardware without user
intervention, and it's bloody stable.

--Amos