On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 11:07:10AM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I seem to remember some kind of application or configuration option where
> multiple SSH sessions could be tunneled over 1 already open SSH session.
> Basically it wouldn't require a re-authentication each time, it would continue
> to allow the SSH connection over the existing connection.  Does anyone
> remember
> seeing that somewhere?  I'm looking for a pointer on how to set something
> like this up.  Thanx.

apt-get install fsh. On the server as well.

 The problem: logging in to a remote system with a cryptographic solution such
 as lsh or ssh takes time, due to the computationally expensive key exchanges
 that occur when the connection is established.
 It is common to trigger a lot of remote logins while using remote CVS, which
 makes it painfully slow compared to having the repository locally.
 .
 The solution: reuse the secure tunnel once it has been established. fsh is a
 drop-in rsh-compatible replacement for ssh that automatically reuses ssh
 tunnels. fsh does not aim at full command line compatibility with ssh.