On Tuesday November 21 2006 22:57, you wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm sorry to interrupt your busy schedule discussing the Novell/MS/Patents
> issue, but I encountered a very strange behaviour with KDE 3.5.4.
>
> If I'm using the KDE built-in spell checker (based on aspell) on English
> text, then it doesn't warn on the word "tipshim" (which means "idiots" in
> Hebrew, but is meaningless in English). Now, I'm using Mandriva 2007 but it
> was confirmed on MEPIS by an IRC correspondent.

Check if you have the setting "consider run-together words as spelling errors"
checked in KSpell's configuration dialogue. Having it unchecked isn't very
useful for English, since it would consider a word like "tipshim" as
legitimate, since it's two English words run-together: "tips + him"...

So unless you have this setting checked, this isn't a bug.

Regards.

--
Meni Livne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>