Tried it with the -vv both on the client and the server..
eventually reverted to ncftpput.
I had a similiar issue with a remote execution using ssh but that was solved
by adding -t.
thanks anyway
Lior

On 11/22/06, Amos Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 23/11/06, Lior Kesos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Oh collective wisdom of all things linux.
> I have an scp question..
> I have a script which scps's files from one server to another, I want to
> be sure that each scp command has ended successfully before I procceed to
> the next scp.
> The problems I'm seeing (sending from an ubuntu dapper to a debian
> stable) is that my scp reports I've arrived to 100% of the copy but it's
> still hangs.

Have you tried running it with "-v -v"? (add more "-v" for even more
detail).

Beyond rendering my script useless it leaves tons of scp process on the
> server which isn't a pretty sight either?

How exactly do you define "hangs"? I though you said that your script will
wait for one scp to complete before it proceeds to the next one.

Regardless ofthe above problem - to speed things up with multiple ssh
connections to the same host you should consider use of the "-M" option.

--Amos

--
---
ליאור קסוס , לינוויט