On Thu, Jan 04, 2007, Ilya Konstantinov wrote about "Re: nfs mount takes too
long":
> Also, make sure the machines are running the RPC portmapper service.
>
> >On 1/4/07, Erez D <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I'm trying to mount it on a ubunto6.10
> >> the mount takes minutes
> >> the umount is immediate.

Another possible reason is that the remote machine does not have lockd
running, and you try to mount with locking enabled. Try "mount -o nolock ..."
and see if this helps.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Thursday, Jan  4 2007, 14 Tevet 5767
Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |Support bacteria - they're the only