On 16/01/07, Ira Abramov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Quoting Amos Shapira, from the post of Sun, 14 Jan:
> On 14/01/07, Beni Cherniavsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >Doing cvs update in the middle of somebody's big commit, you risk
> >getting an inconsistent state.  With a project having such frequent
> >commits, this risk is non-negligible.
>
> stop the commit to fix a merge problem you are still stuck with the new
> version of the files he already finished with in this "commit cycle".
With

all this is true to huge project I agree, but this is a few dozen KB,
and the commits are practically "atomic".

Not necessarily - someone starts a commit cycle and finds out that he forgot
to add or tweak one of the very few files and there you are.

Also possibly the long-distance commit might introduce longer commit cycles
or even cause commits to fail half-way through.

It starts to feel like a theoretical discussion so let's get over with it -
I was already accused of being antisemitic on other forums so we can stop
here...:)

Cheers,

--Amos