These next solutions aren't _over the network_, but they don't require pulling
out the HDD.

1. Connect the two machines via USB, boot the laptop with a live CD, create
the image and transfer via the USB. Should be doable on-the-fly, without
needing to store the image locally. I'm not sure if the Windows can receive
it that way, if not then cygwin should be able to.

2. Just use an external USB storage and create the image to that with a live
CD, then dump it into the Windows machine. I'm sure there is a Gmach for
external USB drives somewhere ;-)

Chaim