Remember that the CMOS also holds the time so doing such an operation will
reset the time.

--
Ori Idan

On 1/22/07, Shachar Shemesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dan Shimshoni wrote:
> Is there an API which enable me to perform such a task ?
> Did anybody tried a thing like that ? and in case it is possible -
> how much complex is it ?
How about this (never tried it myself):
Make sure /dev/cmos exists, and that the relevant kernel module is
available.
Set your bios to boot from CD
copy /dev/cmos to a file
Set your bios to not boot from CS
copy /dev/cmos to another file

Copy the relevant file to /dev/cmos.

Warning:
If, as a result of following this procedure, you lose all of your bios
settings, your machine becomes unbootable, your power supply catches
fire and your wife leaves you, preferring your cat, do not hold me liable.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.