On 28/01/07, Beni Cherniavsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/28/07, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> > Is that what we've come to? Running a Debian spinoff on NTFS? Amazing
indeed.

> Next thing you'll know will be Linux crashing because of NTFS and users
> claiming 'Linux is as unstable as Windows'

To add my $2e-2 to the argument, this is not a big concern.  How many
times have you seen NTFS crash?  NTFS is not FAT (*), so windows is
not really going to ruin the image file (unless the sky falls hard
upon the partition, in which case windows will die as well the user
will know who is to blame ;-).  And from linux's side, since it's only
a fixed-size image file, there is no danger of damaging the NTFS
either - the only access to NTFS is read-only to find the sectors
where the image file sits.

The ext3 file is stored on the NTFS disk. Any time you write to the
ext3 file, you are writing to NTFS. NTFS write support is BAD for
Linux.

Furthermore, MS could see how Linux is writing to NTFS and 'update'
Windows and the filesystem to change the API a bit. Like you said,
it's undocumented, and it could change at any time.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/ajax.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/lyrics/52/16/ac-dc/fly_on_the_wall.html