On 01/02/07, Tzahi Fadida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tuesday 30 January 2007 16:19, Yehoshua (Shay) O'Hayon Suchar wrote:
> Tzahi Fadida said:
> > I tried 7z but after about 12% of archiving it gives a weird error:
> > "Error:
> >

> > System error:
> > Too many open files "
> > (and this file was never opened :).
> >
> > What can i do?
>
> Could be that the error has something to do with the limit of file
> descriptors in the system?

Sorry for not responding earlier. My system crashed and i had to restore from
backups.
I did not really understand this. Are you saying there is a limit on the
number of files i can tar gz?
I also make backups of my emails and there can be as much as a million files,
pherhaps more because of the mbox style(i think) of holding mails.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but so far as I know mbox
saves all the emails of a particular folder in one big file. So if you
have 200 emails in 5 folders, then you will have 5 mbox files.

Kmail has another two or three files per mbox folder, so you really
will have 5*n folders, but you get the idea. It's not 200*n.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/firefox.html
http://technology-sleuth.com/question/what_is_a_firewall.html