regarding writing file-systems - you have a high-level document in the kernel documentation describing the vfs interface - but it cannot help you without the kernel's source. when i tried learning this issue myself i found on good documentation (good - i.e. one which describes the usae of all the fs-related structures, side effects of functions, and in general how to write a file system). you can check the lecture i gave on the subject - but it is related to kernel 2.4 - and i assume a lot of the stuff has changed (while a lot has not). look for it on haifux's web site.

regarding fiber-channel communications - are you interested in fiber-channel, or in SCSI-over-fiber-channel? these are completely distinct issues, and in the storage realm, you mostly deal with SCSI. the HBA driver does the fiber-channel related communications and (tries to) hide that from you.

--guy

Tzahi Fadida wrote:
10x.
I'll check it out.
I am also looking for the storage stuff, like how the fs is built and how to build one in 2.6 and some docs concerning fiber channel communications between linux machines.

P.s. and yes i was at your lecture on fs :)