Is there an added value in contrast of just using a simple
server that accepts on low ports but bounces the packets
to a low privileged port?
Also, again of curiosity :), is there a way to wrap the daemon
without forking and replacing the bind call with a customized bind
with a more detailed security preferences.
Another method perhaps, is to insert a module into the kernel
which decorates bind with the capability to identify a process
(for example using sysfs or something) to have a free hand with binding.

--
Regards,
        Tzahi.