Uri Even-Chen wrote:
On 2/18/07, Arieh Skliarouk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I see only-tables conversion as good first step. There is howto on
access-mysql conversion:
http://www.kitebird.com/articles/access-migrate.html

There is a great feature we use with the tables stored in Microsoft
Access.  I defined one-to-many connections between tables - at least
50 connections.  Access enforces these connections - you can't add a
record to the table with "many" if there is not a key in the table
with "one" connected to it.  You also can't modify the key data on
both connected sides, and you can't delete connected records on the
"one" side of the connection.  If I want to create an Access query, I
open the tables database and add tables, and the connections are added
automatically.

Are there table connections in MySQL?
Mysql has more than one storage engine. They differ in features. The feature you describe is called Foreign Keys.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/storage-engine-choosing.html
The link compares the features you get with the different engines.
There's more about each of them here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/storage-engine-overview.html

Take a look. See it suits your needs.

--