[Sorry for the earlier post, kbd mistake]

Now that I've learned that to switch input language on Linux I need to click
the small icon with the two letters in the system tray, I'd like to do
the switching by
a keyboard shortcut.

I've learned that the following commands do the switching:
    setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout us
    setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout il
so I can use them as input actions to select english/hebrew.

However, turns out the commands do not update the icon.
Is there a better way to switching language on KDE 3.5.5/FC5 using the keyboard?

Also while at it. the little language icon is supposed to display the
country flag for the current language. Mine show only gray background.
What might be missing?

Thanks,
Dan