Hello,

I'd like to configure sendmail to discard messages if it runs out of disk space.

By "discard" I mean that I want it to just completely delete the
message and forget about it.

The current situation is that if it runs out of disk space then it
keep filling the disk even more with "deferred" warnings.

The discarded messages contain reports about spam, so both the
receiver and sender just don't care too much if some of them are
dropped in case of a disk space problem.

So far digging the sendmail documentation haven't revealed anything.
There is the "$#DISCARD" mailer but the only mention of using it I
found is using the "Access" database feature. I'd like to be able to
say "deliver to the spool file, but if you fail to deliver and are
going to send a "deferred" message then just discard it".

Is this possible?

Thanks,

--Amos