Hi all!

Here at work, we would like to test our two-ports network card using a
loopback self-test. What we want to do is to connect a cable between
the two ports and transfer packets from one port to the other.
However, if we say assign the first port the Interface of eth1 and the
IP of $IP1, and the second one the interface of eth2 and the IP of
$IP2, then when transferring packets from $IP1 to $IP2 the kernel will
transfer them directly in memory instead of over the wire.

So, is there any way to disable this kernel switching at the kernel
level, so we can still use higher-level protocols such as TCP/IP?

Regards,

       Shlomi Fish