El mié, 18-04-2007 a las 14:08 +0300, Dan Bar Dov escribió:
> I'm on Fedora core 5. I have a simple user question, please assume
> kernel and the os are all set up fine, I simly need to know how to.
>
> I inserted a USB flash drive to the USB slot. man -k usb told me about
> lsusb, and the device is recognized. How do I access it (mount it)? [I
> don't think hotplugging is set up, but I want to do it manually, so
> please, don't teach me how to set up hotplugging].

Unless you are working without an elaborated GUI, an icon of your USB
drive is supposed to appear at your desktop immediately after
hotplugging in. Are your system updated?
At least until Fedora 4 USB drives should be automatically mounted
at /media/usbdisk or /mnt/sdaX where X=1,2,3, etc.
You can try to mount it manually with

# mount -t vfat /dev/sdaX /media/usbdisk where X=1,2,3, etc.

> Thanks,
> Dan

Julian Daich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>