System:  a PC with vanilla Debian Etch installation, with Gnome 2.14.3.6
and KDE 3.5.5 (package version 5:47).

In Gnome, the Hebrew keyboard is properly configured, including LED to
indicate which keyboard is active (Latin or Hebrew).

However, I was not successful in doing the same in KDE.  When I log into
KDE desktop and use the KDE keyboard tool (Kxkb), I can configure Latin
+Hebrew keyboard layouts, and switch between them when clicking on
Kxkb's icon in the system tray (a flag).  But I was not successful in
getting it to recognize the Left Shift + Right Shift key combination,
which I use to switch between layouts.  Neither was I successful in
getting the Scroll Lock LED to indicate the current keyboard layout.
Both options exist in the Kxkb configure tab "Xkb Options".  The "Enable
xkb options" checkbox is checked.

Any advice about getting KDE to support Hebrew as well as Gnome?

                                         Thanks,
                                              --- Omer
--
In civilized societies, captions are as important in movies as
soundtracks, professional photography and expert editing.

I may be affiliated in any way.