On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

I have an old DVD burner in a Linux based file server. I would like to update
it to
the latest version. While I expect that I will have to put it into a Windows
computer
to actually run the update, I would like to get started before I do it, and
download
the correct version.

Is there a way to determine the firware version of a drive? I can't find
anything in
DMESG or /proc/ide.  A web search was not helpful, I was probably looking for
the
wrong thing.

hdparm -i /dev/hdc
hdparm -I /dev/hdc
cdrecord -inq dev=/dev/hdc
dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/hdc

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]