Hi,
I have KVM working on an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Runs Windows XP  Ubuntu  and Gentoo as Guests. As long as I do not go to
a kernel above 2.6.16 in the Linux guests. Getting the networking to
work with a bridge was kind of tricky but now its OK.
Performance is very good at least for what I need.
Ghiora