On 8/2/07, Ravid Baruch Naali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Does any one else get this frequently?
> Some kind of automated program trying to log into my sshd, each time from a
> different IP address. off course (I hope) all of the users are invalid.
>
> Did any of you noticed it? and if so what are your solutions?

There are bots/zombies that does this. They are usually looking for
either enum users, or dictionary (aka brute force) logins (and
passwords)...

The easiest way to solve this, is to bind different port then 22 ...
Another ways, are to "open" the port using a web based tool (such as
Cisco's firewalls for example).

And if you want to really get creative, I can think on more solutions as well :)

> Thanks in advance
> Ravid
> --
> Ravid Baruch Naali