Hello,

We are at this stage were the lead C++ developer needs to switch over our
mostly ACE-based applications from Windows to Linux and needs a GOOD and
CONVENIENT debugging environment for multi-threaded applications.

He's giving a honest effort to use gdb but so far found it very hard to work
with and at least once he managed to get gdb itself to crash.

Can anyone recommend a REALLY USEFUL(TM) debugger for Linux, even cheap
commercial ones (up to around 100$ per seat)?

Please spare me the preaching about gdb being so great - that guy, who
haven't touched Linux until last week, is already doing a tremendous effort
to convert and needs any tool he can to help him.

At least one of the target environments will be RHEL4 (due to customer's
demands) but there is a good chance the Debian will be our internal SOE.

Thanks,

--Amos