On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 09:55 +0300, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> I just got this, and I thought it should interest ATI graphics card owners.

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> We also wanted to let you know that Advanced Micro Devices has
> officially announced their new Linux driver this morning, which is a
> overhaul of their existing Linux graphics driver. The AMD fglrx 8.41
..
> been actually in development for over a year, the AIGLX support that
> is coming next month, and other relevant information.

Does that mean that the new fglrx will support AIGLX ? This would be
very good news for the the Dell Inspiron 6400 I'm trying to install
Ubuntu on (although the X1400 chip it is using is not specifically
listed in the Phoronix announcement).

I would very much like to see the new driver in Ubuntu 7.10 as right now
getting Ubuntu to work on this computer is fscking difficult.

[Off-Topic]

> --
> Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.

I don't understand - you reference this is a good thing or a bad thing ?
IMHO, both skepticism and laziness are good things(tm).

--

Oded