Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 04:46:57PM +0200, Geoff Shang wrote:
In any case, I don't see why latency of 400+ ms should cause a problem.  I
used to live in Australia and my then partner (now wife) and I used to talk
using Openphone (an H323 client) all the time with over 400 ms latency
(closer to 450).  Your viewers should still be able to watch your videos,
so long as the packets all arrive.

Latency or ping time? The standard figure for maximum usable latency
for VoIP is 150ms, which is a ping time of 300ms or less.

oops, ok ping time. We were getting pings of around 450 ms and had no trouble. And even now I get average pings to my Australian VOP provider of 450 ms. Unfortunately traffic to Australia is routed via the US.

Geoff.