Actually, I didn't expect so many replies to my "tip". Fistly, let me just
repeat that it's not really "mine". I just happened to find it on the net and
thought it might be useful.

However, I will comment on the three answers. All three are, of course,
correct. As usual, there are several ways to do anything and each has it's
advantages and disadvantages. The whole point of what I suggested was that
it's simple and generic and you don't have to install anything.

On Thursday 29 November 2007 14:13, Lior Okman wrote:
> Even easier, if you're using the flash nonfree plugin, is to just copy
> the relevant FLV file from your /tmp directory after the plugin finishes
> downloading it.

True, but you have to find the file which is buried somewhere in the cache -
not difficult, but an extra task. And then, you still have to do the
conversion to AVI.

On Thursday 29 November 2007 14:16, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Isn't easier to install UNPLUG and let it do all the work?

Yes and no. Unplug presents you with a list of one or more files and you
sometimes have to guess which is the one you want. And again, the conversion
is a seperate step.

On Thursday 29 November 2007 17:47, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Perhaps I'm missing something, but why not use youtube-dl?
>
> http://www.arrakis.es/~rggi3/youtube-dl/

I haven't tried this one, so I can't really comment, but if I understand
correctly, this is a script that has to be installed and then you have to
pass it the exact URL of the specific Youtube video - again, not really
difficult, but it adds an extra step.

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net