Hello List,

I have a weird problem with the above server using MySQL (4.1):

1. Some tables on specific database are loosing the Auto Inc pointer,
making it start from 0 every time there is a restart to the server
itself.

2. It seems that the MySQL server have a big delay (of a minute and
sometimes more) between the time I update/delete records using a
program (written in Java 1.6 and mysql connector), until the change is
actually taking place.
I thought that it was a cache issue, but it does seems that I was able
to disable the query caching:

mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%cach%';
+------------------------------+------------+
| Variable_name                | Value      |
+------------------------------+------------+
| bdb_cache_size               | 8388600    |
| binlog_cache_size            | 32768      |
| have_query_cache             | YES        |
| key_cache_age_threshold      | 300        |
| key_cache_block_size         | 1024       |
| key_cache_division_limit     | 100        |
| max_binlog_cache_size        | 4294967295 |
| query_cache_limit            | 1048576    |
| query_cache_min_res_unit     | 4096       |
| query_cache_size             | 0          |
| query_cache_type             | OFF        |
| query_cache_wlock_invalidate | OFF        |
| table_cache                  | 64         |
| thread_cache_size            | 0          |

I can not figure out how to make "have_query_cache" as "no", but as I
said I don't think there is a cache set, after I disabled
query_cache_type.

Any hints, tips or RTFM that I might have missed in this subjects that
can help ?

Thanks,
Ido
--