I'm helping a client here to start a project from almost scratch. it
involves java servelets for Tomcat, building with MAVEN, a few external
GPL tarballs that are downloaded from the web, unzipped and compiled (or
maybe we'll check them into the CVS) and some glue scripts in bash.

Make is the standard, I just wodered how many of you tried rake and
other tools that compete against it, and have an opinion...

Thanks,
Ira.

--
The cream in your coffee