Hi all!

The Tel Aviv Linux club will gather again on Sunday, 20-January-2008 to hear
Micha Silver's presentation about Open Source GIS (Geographic Information
System) software - the State of the Art. We will meet at 18:30 at Schreiber
008 (Computer Science building) in Tel Aviv University. More information can
be found here:

http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/telux/

Reading from the Abstract:

<<<<<<<<<
The adoption of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by both governments and
the industry has seen constant growth over the last decade. Nearly all the
widely deployed GIS software is proprietary and closed source. Open source
developers have risen to the challenge and FOSS (= free and open source
software) GIS software has also expanded and matured in parallel with
proprietary applications, especially over the last 5 years. This talk will
present several of the more popular "FOSS4G" projects, and how they fit into
the framework of implementing a GIS. Installation options will be covered,
and the capabilities and limitations of some of the software will be
demonstrated.

We are looking for more presentations so if you would like to give a
presentation, please let us know at [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

Upcoming presentations are:

* 27-January - Using the Command Line by Elizabeth Sterling

* 3-February - Introduction to Linux Scripting by Sagiv Barhoom.

* 17-February - XBMC - The Xbox Media Center.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish