On 17/03/2008, OSA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> My son had his Windows Vista down and he's looking for a Linux OS to run on
> the same system so he can boot either OS when the need arises.
>
> He's looking for a (dummy) user friendly English/Hebrew Linux version.
>
> Can someone please come up with a suggestion,
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Israel David

I have installed Ubuntu Linux on several friend's machines. There
really is no barrier today to using Linux as opposed to Window,
rather, the barrier is more about applications. I recommend that your
son install Firefox (and possible Opera), and Open Office on his Vista
computer and NOT USE Internet Explorer or MS Office for a month. If he
can get that far, then he should have no problem with Ubuntu.

If there are any specific, special application that your son uses, let
us know so that we can recommend suitable replacements. Although some
Windows programs can be run in Linux, those methods are hacky and not
recommended.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il