On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

Hi all,

I tried the following experiment. /tmp/file1 (marked executable) has the
following content:

#!/bin/date

echo "$@"

/tmp/file2 has the following content:

#!/tmp/file1

echo "File2"

when I run file2, I expect it to print out the current date. Instead, it

Why? Does that happen when you run /tmp/file1?

prints out "File2". In other words, it goes to /bin/sh to execute.

Try replacing echo with sleep 60, and run pstree in another shell.

Try running /tmp/file2 from zsh instead of bash (or tcsh). This will give you a clue about which source you need to scrutinize.

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]