On Monday, 21 בApril 2008, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> What I'm looking for is some "official" way to load and configure it.
> I could write a script which detect if the card is inserted,

No need for custom scripts anymore...

> if so, load the kernel module (if required),

This should happen automatically on any 2.6.x kernel based distro (i.e:
in the last 4 years).

> run wpa_supplicant, and finally dhclient, but I think that there is some
> more "official" way to do that,

All modern distros uses NetworkManager to do that automatically.
In the latest release (0.7) they added support for static IP's
which means that in the near future (Fedora-9 in the case of Fedora)
we won't have two incompatible configuration methods for the host
(the old config files method and the NetworkManager method).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.actcom.co.il/~oron
ICQ UIN: 16527398

    .--.
   |o_o |