Since no one has already suggested the following, I'm making this
suggestion:
1. cp -r /boot /tmp/boot-before
2. Untar the tarfile
3. cp -r /boot /tmp/boot-after
4. diff -r /tmp/boot-before /tmp/boot-after
5. Study the differences.
6. ???
7. Profit!

--
42 is the answer to everything.  Food is the answer to everything except
obesity.

I may be affiliated in any way.