Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
I want to install a wireless router that is unprotected (it's for a special
occasion).

During the time it is up, I want to allow users on it to access my Internet
connection, but not the computer running the connection (it's the usual pptp tunnel).

If I need to I can add an ethernet interface just for the that router.

I'm using a 2.4 kernel so I need an iptables rule.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Geoff.
I don't get what the problem is. The "INPUT" table is for access to the machine itself, the "FORWARD" chain is for packets merely forwarded through the machine. Block everything on "INPUT" and block all of the machine's IP addresses on "FORWARD", and you're more or less done.

Unless I missed something here.

Shachar