sara fink wrote:
Hi amos

I checked a little bit about clipperz.com <http://clipperz.com>.

The fact that it's open source it doesn't make it secure. The passwd is saved on their server (even though it's encrypted). Encrypted data is reversible. No matter what.

This raises few questions: 1. How much you trust them. Dictionary attack, brute force attack, rainbow hash tables are just a few to mention in this case. 2. A potential hacker will be attracted to their site. How long it will take to hack it? See this http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/03/27/a-1-second-reminder-why-you-should-use-better-passwords/

3. Key loggers? They have 1 time passphrase?

4. My 2 cents thoughts, they keep your passphrase and hide it as useful software.

5. What happens if they are DOS attacked? there are many more aspects to this, but you get the idea.

6. Security disk linux (backdoor and written by nsa). If you check the code, you can change it, but how many people will do that?

Personally, I wouldn't trust them.