Hi,

We are looking for someone to implement a warm-failover, where our existing
MySQL, Apache and Linux based system will have complete and immediate
failover (two identical servers either working in parallel or one kicking
into action when the second one fails, all the while replicating).

Objective:
 * Our system is based on a Linux, MySQL and Apache
 * We want to allow the failure of one server, due to some hardware or
network failure or a manual decision, to turn over all responsibilities to the
second server

Requirements:
 * Failover must synchronize all the data stored in MySQL and be transparent
and seamless - possibly only up to the last few minutes before the failure
 * Has to be implemented into an existing Debian based system
 * No additional hardware should be added unless absolutely required
 * You will need to provide a full guide to the implementation, in addition to
Perl based scripts to support the failover, a control script to monitor
status, initiate failover, and recover from failover
 * You need to allow failover to work across an IP based network, where the
two server are physically distant from each other

I am not looking for general commentary about my project design, philosophical
comments about failovers or non-topic replies. I'm also not interested in
replies telling me there's a project that does exactly that (and only
requires a few tiny customizations that will take days). I'm only looking for
people who would like to be paid to develop the project and give it to
us "turnkey", even it is only to customize an existing project that does it.

Please contact me off list with a short description of your experience and
availability.

--
Noam Rathaus
CTO

"Know that you are safe."

Beyond Security Finalist for the "Red Herring 100 Global" Awards 2007