Perhaps the real problem is that the rdns does not point to the sending
domain:$ host tux.hamakor.org.iltux.hamakor.org.il has address 82.80.248.176$
host 82.80.248.176176.248.80.82.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer
bzq-82-80-248-176.dcenter.bezeqint.net.    Contrast that with:$ host
mail.yahoo.commail.yahoo.com is an alias for login.yahoo.com.login.yahoo.com is
an alias for login-global.yahoo8.akadns.net.login-global.yahoo8.akadns.net is
an alias for login.yahoo.akadns.net.login.yahoo.akadns.net has address
209.191.92.114$ host 209.191.92.114114.92.191.209.in-addr.arpa domain name
pointer l2.login.vip.mud.yahoo.com.?----- Original Message -----From: Shachar
Shemesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>Date: Saturday, October 11, 2008 0:00Subject: Re:
Email Hosting (POP+SMTP) RecommendationTo: Shlomi Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>Cc:
Linux-IL <linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il>> Shlomi Fish wrote:> > So all the email sent
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] is bouncing.> No, that's not it. It's not that email sent
is bouncing. It is > that it > is bouncing with an explanation that accuses the
sending SMTP > (hamakor > server, in this case) of being a host for spam, yet
provides no > proof of > actual spamming ever taking place. Further more, if
you follow > the > resources linked from the very page you are directed to, you
get > to a > bunch of sites maintaining lists. Hamakor server's only >
appearance on > the list is as a positive feedback (i.e. - was checked and
found > good).> The actual page linked to does offer to take the server off the
> list, > but using a scare tactic - you give your email address and name > and
> promise the problem has been taken care of, while there is no > listed >
problem to take care of.> > Worse, in "how to stay clean", they offer two
suggestions. Clean > your > computer from viruses (need I mention that Hamakor
server is > running > Linux?) and change the reverse lookup of the server to
something > containing "mail" or "smtp". The audacity of an administrator to >
think > they can dictate to other server operators what to call their > servers
> seems, to me, beyond words. How dare they try and tell me what > to call > my
server, on pain of not receiving emails sent? It breaks every > level > of
trust out there.> > What is worse, they are actually shifting the blame to make
it > sound as > if it is our server that did something wrong. Shlomi, who I >
think no one > can accuse of being SMTP illiterate, still approached me first >
asking me > to fix the problem (which I have no way of doing).> > Just venting
off steam here.> > Shachar> >