Hello, Noam,

The official last net-tools version
(from this URL: http://www.tazenda.demon.co.uk/phil/net-tools/) does
not include support for sctp.

Probably the Debian net-tools package you use does not include support
for sctp, too.

In fedora core 9, (maybe also in older fedora distros) there is
support for sctp via some patches made by Redhat, for supporting sctp.

On fedora 9 , the netstat which is part of the net-tools, works with sctp.

I created a simple listening sctp socket;

When running

netstat -anl | grep 9999

we get:

sctp                0.0.0.0:9999                                    LISTEN

(BTW, netstat -nl | grep 9999 does not give anyhting, while on TCP I
believe netstat -nl is enough).

If you must work on Debian, you can try the following:
get the source and Fedora patches (including SCTP patches).

You can get it ,from bash shell, thus:
CVSROOT=:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/pkgs
cvs checkout net-tools

(look for net-tools-1.60-sctp.patch  net-tools-1.60-sctp-quiet.patch).

And then try to apply these patches; it may require some additional
work due to some Fedora quirks.

Rgs,
Rami Rosen