1. phpMyAdmin can do dumps, but not automatically IIRC.

2. you can put a dump command in your crontab, and then another one that
uploads the resulting file by ftp somewhere.
 but then you'll also have to set a .netrc and i don't know if you can do
that on your server.

3. easiest thing - just create a web script (with proper authentication)
that dumps your db to the browser
(e.g. <?php if ($_GET['p'] = 'my_strong_password') system("mysqldump bla
bla"); ?>), then call it from your backup machine in a cron job with wget.
put it under https if you really want to be secure.